Welcome to my page and thank you for visiting.
My mom (Reno, a Golden Retriever) and my dad (name unknown, a Standard Poodle) were both living in a North Dakota puppy mill. Along came Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota (RAGOM), who rescued my parents along with other dogs from this puppy mill. They were then placed in foster care. While in foster care, RAGOM found out my mom was pregnant. My mom was surrounded by loving and caring volunteers throughout her entire pregnancy and delivery process. On January 31, 2008, my 8 litter mates and I entered this world. In spring 2008, I was adopted to my forever family in Southern Minnesota and the rest, as they say, is history!
Here is a picture of all my brothers and sisters and I! From the left: Maggie, Spencer the Goldendoodle, Tanner (RIP), Charlie (RIP), Leia, Gideon, Sebastian, Abby (RIP), and Kraelyn.
About this Blog
With the help of my humans we started this blog on September 7th, 2013. Here is our goal for this blog:
- To share the adventures of me, Spencer the Goldendoodle.
- Bring awareness on the importance of adopting, instead of shopping. As well as supporting rescue organizations, humane societies, and other non-profits groups.
- Educate people about Goldendoodles and clear up some myths out there.
- Here is a one of my post about Goldendoodles.
- Provide honest product reviews that are informative and helpful.
First off we have my mom and dad, aka my humans. They help me out with my blog since it is hard to type with no thumbs. My mom is in charge of taking pictures and providing moral support. While my dad provides all my tech support.
Meet River, my little sister.
River is about 9 months old and believed to be a Black Mouth Cur Mix.
She was rescued by Spot’s Last Stop Canine Rescue. Spot’s goes down to Alabama and rescues dogs from high kill shelters and brings them to Minnesota for a second chance at life.
Many of you are wondering why not another doodle? There are a couple of reasons but here is the main reason. I can confidently say I’m a “mamma’s boy” and my humans were looking for a pup for my dad. One that loves the outdoors, woods, and adventures. Although, doodle’s love all those things our coat/fur makes it more of a challenge.
What caught my human’s eye the most about River besides being so darn cute was her original name, Isla. Pronounced EYE-LUH, that is the same name as my mom’s grandma, Grandma Ila. When they saw that they just knew it was meant to be!
Guest Blogging Post
- Testing out the Furbo – Treat Dispensing Dog Camera
- Staying on top of Dental Health with the Waggletooth Dog Toothbrush